A number of innovative and unique initiatives around the topic of open education have been emerging throughout Europe, specifically in the areas of micro-credentialing and prior learning assessment and recognition (PLAR). Three EU initiatives in open education will be presented in this webinar: OEPass (https://oepass.eu), MicroHE (https://www.k4all.org/project/microhe/), and ReOPEN (http://reopen.eu). In addition, the session will include retrospectives on the challenges and opportunities of open education, as well as on the open education movement’s impact upon higher education over the past decade.
- Andreia Inamorato, European Commission, Joint Research Centre - Practical Guidelines on Open Education for Academics: Modernising Higher Education via Open Educational Practices
- Jochen Ehrenreich, Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Heilbronn – OEPass project
- Raimund Hudank, Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Heilbronn, Germany – MicroHE
- Airina Volungevičienė, EDEN President, Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania – Validating Open and Online Learning for Recognition, ReOPEN solutions
- Elena Caldirola, University of Pavia, Italy – Open Education in Italy: Challenges, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Grainne Conole, Dublin City University, Ireland – Reflecting on the Impact of the Open Education Movement
European Distance and E-Learning Network – EDEN