Research questions to be discussed in the panel:
- How openness is approached in research? Thematic overview (levels of openness, other dimensions that are addressed through research publications, e.g. open online learning, open distance learning, OER, OEP, etc.).
- What impact does openness have upon education?
- What kind of openness do we (society) need?
- What are the characteristics of open learning, open curriculum, open education and open learner/ teacher?
- Antoni Pérez, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain
- Mairéad Nic Giolla Mhichíl, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Andrea Saltelli, University of Bergen, Norway, Open Evidence Research Group
- Paul Prinsloo, UNISA
European Distance and E-Learning Network – EDEN