This document provides learning-by-doing materials for Analytics software skill development using SAS JMP. It integrates Analytics concepts and techniques with real-world scenarios based on the COVID-19 pandemic to illustrate how real-world data can be transformed into actionable insights to offer decision support for COVID-19 related issues. A holistic treatment of the Analytics process from data acquisition and cleansing to data analysis and interpretation is emphasized using five studies:
1. Characterize COVID-19 mortality demographic risk factors,
2. Visualize COVID-19 mortality demographics,
3. Conduct COVID-19 mortality time series forecasting,
4. Predict COVID-19 mortality, and
5. Analyze COVID-19 vaccine acceptance, uptake, and experiences.
Each study is structured with guiding questions to engage students to think critically, relate Analytic concepts to the given situation, and arrive at their own answers/solutions for active knowledge exploration and discovery.
University of Kentucky Libraries
United States of America, Lexington, Kentucky
Contributed by: Adrian Ho