Events displayed in timezone: Europe/London
Using Docsify-This for Publishing, Sharing and Reusing Markdown-based Open Content
March 7, 2024 @ 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm GMT
Are you interested in exploring the system-independent format of Markdown for online OER content without any website setup or build process? How about seamlessly embedding constraint-free Markdown/HTML into multiple platforms (e.g. LMS or CMS)? The open-source project Docsify-This.net (based on Docsify.js.org) provides an easy on-ramp to publishing, sharing and reusing open Markdown content!
With Docsify-This you can instantly turn any publicly available Markdown file into a responsive standalone web page, and multiple Markdown files can even be linked together to provide a simple website. The visual appearance of displayed pages can be altered by using the point-and-click Web Page Builder or URL parameters. When creating your own Markdown content you can also use a set of supported Markdown CSS classes. In addition, if GitHub or Codeberg are used to store Markdown files an “Edit this Page” link can be automatically provided for each page to support collaborative authoring.
After attending this 20-minute demonstration session, attendees will be able to:
- Describe what Markdown is
- List several benefits of using Markdown
- Create an example of Markdown
- Describe the purpose of Docisfy-This
- List example key usage scenarios of Docsify-This
- Know how to display Markdown files as web pages using the Docsify-This Web Page Builder
- Know how to change the visual appearance of Docsify-This web rendered pages
- Know various methods to share and reuse Docsify-This rendered content